Wednesday, May 15, 2013

t-ball 2013

We did our second year of t-ball this spring through the St. Francis-Xavier Athletic Association.  
We didn't get on the same team as last year, but we did get to be on the same team as our friend Ruby McHale.   
She cracked me up at the first game in her string of pearls.
Jimmy is always very excited and enthusiastic about playing sports, which is really what counts.
He tries hard and sometimes really does well.  He has never gotten discouraged or been a bad sport and I am so proud of him for that.  
I am sure the day will come when his parents competitive genes kick in, but for now we are doing well, at least where sports are concerned.
 Dad usually took on the responsibility of being third base coach.
 Jimmy made some good plays from the field and always did well when the coach put him at first base.
 His coach was a really nice guy who was very patient with a large team of kids.
I even have to admit I like waking up early on Saturday to go to the games.  It is a pleasant way to start the day and got us all up and moving instead of lounging around for hours trying to make a plan as we usually do.  I am sure I will tire of going to games at some point in my career as a mom, but the novelty hasn't worn off yet.  Gus was usually entertained by Ruby's brother Declan who has become a good buddy lately.  Good thing they would find rocks and other random items on the ground to keep them entertained.
I didn't take nearly as many pictures as last year and only brought my camera to the first game and the last....
The kids all got trophies after the last game (which some may find silly but it makes to kids happy).  I can imagine at this rate we are going to run out of room for the all future trophies in our house pretty fast.  Jimmy said since he already had one, he would let Gus have his old one, which Gus was thrilled about.
They also got their team pictures which Jimmy immediately wanted to put on his bulletin board when we got home.
The snack afterwords are always a highlight as well.
These kiddos were pretty cute and excited. Glad they had so much fun with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment