Monday, April 8, 2013

backyard camping

During Zach's spring break, Jimmy had 2 requests.  One was that they go camping in our backyard.  
He was super excited to get out all the equipment and set up the tent. 
 
Gus was excited once he got to play inside.
That night Zach made hot dogs on the grill and I made beans so we could have real camping food.  Then we made smores in our firepit.  
Just the boys slept in the tent since pregnant mom didn't love the idea. I did get cozy reading books for a little while.
Dad said it took them awhile to calm down and sleep (mostly Gus) but other than that it was an uneventful night.  
They woke up bright and early and all came and joined me in bed.
Jimmy's other request was that he get to play his first game of Settlers of Catan (on his own team).
Dad also came through on that request and Jimmy actually beat him.  I foresee this being a favorite pastime in our household.

2 comments:

  1. So fun! My kids loved this too... and I really loved being pregnant and staying inside too :) Maybe we should have them camp together in one of our backyards and we can have a girl's night (inside)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo!!! I love that idea Jess! I also loved just being inside the quiet house alone. Kinda weird, but nice.

    ReplyDelete