Tuesday, November 20, 2012

star wars halloween

So Jimmy decided a long time ago he wanted to be R2D2, and I thought Gus would make a cute Ewok.  I originally wanted to be Ewok village Princess Leia, but opted for the classic look since my hair isn't really long enough right how to pull off any of her fancy braids.  Nana helped me make yarn breads that we wrapped into buns.  Zach was Darth Vader because I found the helmet at Goodwill for $4 (and it still made noise when I put in new batteries!).  Sadly I got no pictures of him on Halloween because he had a meeting after school (just mean) and didn't get to the house until after dark.  He had to catch up to us Trick-or-Treating.  It was all a whirlwind as usual, but I didn't stress about pictures too much since I knew we would be dressing up again on the weekend for the boys' birthday party.  That one thought in my mind made me much more relaxed than last year.  Still, I wish Halloween was on the weekend every year.
I told my dad he has been channeling Alec Guinness lately, so I managed to convince him to be Obi-Wan Kenobi.... or Baabee-Wan Kenobi as he liked to call him.
Just to confirm my lack of photos this year, I am including these random ones:
The Burches and Speiers did Tangled this year, but I didn't even get a picture of sweet little Kateri as Rapunzel.  Finn was Flynn Ryder.  Jack was a random bar thug.  Audry and Lily were the Stabbington Brothers who they changed into sisters.  I loved Lily as Mother Gothel.  I caught her scaring herself in the mirror once. I am sure those families will post pictures eventually... maybe.  Here is what I did get:
These two girls cracked me up.  I can't believe they wanted to be these tough bad guys.  
I guess they are just happy if they get to be twins
Even Luke got in on the action by dressing like the King (and the not pictured Pete was the mime bar thug for about an hour).  Allie really wins the prize for making Isaiah be the chameleon.  People were impressed when I had Gus dress as the Cheshire Cat at a week old, but I made it before he came out.  She did all this with a brand new baby.  Kudos!
Alright, even with all those cute kids above my favorite costume of the night was definitely Ruby's.
She was Kathy Seldon from Singin' In The Rain.   I love that she wanted to be her and how into character she was.  She was doing the dance for me and practicing jumping out of the cake. Christine can you make one in my size for next year?
Since we made it home with both kids awake, which was quite a surprise, we lit our pumpkins and got a few pictures.  This was probably the last chance we would have had because they were both already moldy and disgusting.  Such is the (short) life of Jack-o-Lanterns in Phoenix.
Another Happy/Crazy Halloween.

2 comments:

  1. Once again, you manage to knock it out of the park!!! Nicely done! Gus is the cutest Ewok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I sit here awake on this too early thanks giving morning, first one up, I am spending a little blog time. This post makes me so happy. Your love for Halloween makes me so happy. It inspires me to kick it up a notch next year. Love you guys. Give my love to every one. I can't wait to show my mom your dad.

    ReplyDelete