Friday, July 20, 2012

pinterest stuff

In case you didn't already know, I am one of many silly Pinterest addicts.  Last summer when I started I was pretty bad, but have definitely showed more restraint recently. I am a little choosier about what I pin, though I do have a ridiculous amount of stuff in my "likes" folder that I hope to gradually trim down.  Jimmy loves looking at my "Do with My Kids" board and finding fun projects.  Here are a few examples of why Pinterest is not a complete waste of my time:

BREAD PAINTING
(found here via Pinterest)

WATER BEADS
These are all over the place on Pinterest and Blogs so we tried them so we wouldn't feel too left out of the fun.  Not sure I would whole-heartedly recommend them.  Jimmy thought they were super fun, but I would definitely get the clear kind next time because they dye your kids' hands.  The other downside is that 1 1/2 year olds think they are to eat and (inevitably) to choke on.  After playing with them for a little while I didn't really know what to do with them.  They sat on my counter until they started shrinking up (as seen above), and then they all shrunk and grew mold; perhaps I should have thrown them away before that.  Since they are not too expensive at Michaels (they are made for flower arrangements) they were worth it for a little bit of entertainment.

SPAGETTI IN HOT DOGS 
(found here via Pinterest)
Jimmy couldn't have dreamed of a better dinner in the whole world.  
His favorite was sticking all the broken ones in the butt of the hotdog:
A FEW OTHER RANDOM PROJECTS:
Dinosaur Milk Carton:
Clothespin Dinosaur:
 Magnetic Fun with Pipe Cleaners:

Horizontal herb garden made from a Palette:
 ...or at least my feeble attempt one. Now, I didn't really follow any directions here.  I just threw these up because I found them at school and I didn't really alter them like you should so that soil doesn't fall out.  I moved a plant into it and it lasted awhile.  It probably would still be alive if I watered it.  What you see still growing here is a mystery tomato plant that we don't know where it came from.  It is dead now, too.  So not all my projects are winners.

We have done a few other things that I never took pictures of, and we still have so many more things we want to try.  One thing Pinterest does help with is making me feel more organized. Needless to say, I am a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment