Monday, March 19, 2012

st. patty's day breakfast

We had another great St. Patrick's Day this year.  More pictures to come on the big party, but I thought I would post these couple pictures from our fun breakfast just so I can get something accomplished.  Growing up, I loved waking up in the morning on a holiday to find something fun my mom had set up while we were sleeping.  My mom loved St. Patrick's Day the most and always did stuff to make it special.  I decorated our dining room table with lots of green stuff including a breakfast of Lucky Charms and Green Milk (thanks Pinterest for the idea).  Jimmy was confused why I had decorated.  He told me the paper balloons were only supposed to be for birthdays.  Gus thought they were balls and wanted to play with them. So much for that. 
I was excited that General Mills issued a bunch of cereals in vintage style boxes that are from my childhood.  
We never really got to buy Lucky Charms, but I very much remember this box. 

4 comments:

  1. Mary, you're awesome! I thought about doing Lucky Charms but then I didn't want to deal with Lucia asking for them every following day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must confess that I have been the one wanting them. They aren't even that great, but my sweet tooth has been aching during Lent. Zach did not get the whole idea of trying to make them special and was ready to eat them as soon as I brought them home from the store. But I guess my plan worked because when I offered them on Sunday morning Jimmy looked at me with happy surprise like he was shocked to be getting another treat on a non-special day. I might just have to finish the box off so they are out of my house before he starts asking. It is just good parenting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've said it before, but I'll say it again... Mary, will you be my mom?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very green breakfast table. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete