Thursday, October 14, 2010

too much love

We have been having some trouble lately with Jimmy just wanting me all the time and not his dad.  With Zach working so much lately, we have been letting him get his way too often.  I appreciate the love, but it can be tiring.  We have been trying hard to work on this lately because he is going to have a rude awakening when "Fred" gets here (hopefully any day now!).  

Last night after I got Jimmy out of the bath and he insisted as usual that I pretend he was a baby I just found, and despite my fat belly I carried him across the house in my arms to hand him off to Dad.  I told him that Dad was going to get him ready for bed tonight.  
Then he said with a mischievous little smile, "No Mom!  I want YOU to do EVERYTHING!"
Zach laughed.  I sighed.
Such is life.

2 comments:

  1. I'll say a prayer that you have a safe, fast labor! I'm sure Jimmy will love his "Fred," everybody adjust when a new baby comes, but I found that my kids never take it out on the new baby. It's always in other ways, like coloring on the walls to get attention or asking me to hold them like a baby. Good luck, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kath! I am putting extra emphasis on the word fast in my prayers, but safe should probably be first and foremost. I hope you are doing well with your new one!

    ReplyDelete